Monday

Conditioned to React



On Monday night Reese would not stop crying he started crying at 2 in the morning, and almost every hour after that. It got to a point where my mom came and took him just so I could get some sleep. This was probably the worst night because. He would extremely loud, and the only thing that would work was feeding him, every other time he woke up.
It’s Tuesday morning and for the most part the crying has not been bad, he coos here and there and once in a while he cries, but right before community gathering and during, he would not stop, I had to leave the theater three time and got laughed at by the whole school. After the third time I decided not to go back into the theater.
After community gathering I had class with Mrs. M and she was very compassionate about the crying baby in her class room. She held him while I did my work, and took care of him when he was crying. Everyone in class was also very helpful and wanted to help when he got fussy. When he wasn’t crying everyone gathered around him and talked to him or played with him.
At this point I began to figure out that it helps to hold the baby. He seemed less fussy when he was being held. For the rest of the day he continued crying at predictable intervals, and at this point I had become conditioned to when he was going to crying and what I had to do. I was conditioned to react to his every sound. After a while, even though it’s tiring. I became use to it and just saw it as routine and necessary.
Later on I switched babies with C.B because her baby would not cry and mine had been crying all day and the night before. The new baby never made a sound the whole time I had her. I think I like he better.

No comments:

Post a Comment