Monday

DISAPROVING STARES

This morning Reese and I got ready to go to school, we left the house at 7:17 in order to catch our 7:25 bus. Upon arriving at the bus stop the bus drivers and the entire bus of passengers gave me the weirdest and most disapproving looks. Many people who I usually see on the bus also looked really confused as to why I had a baby. We soon arrived at the metra, where I received more stares from disapproving passengers.
During the night and in the morning he did not cry, but the minute he got turned on after Morning EX, he cried almost every hour and half. He would not stop crying during lunch. I did everything, changed his diaper, tried feeding him, rocked him, but nothing would work. I was barely able to eat my lunch because I had to take care of him. He seems to be really fussy and he eats a lot. Today I spent most of my time rocking him, but it didn’t really seem to be working.
Today was interesting experience, because of the reactions that I got from people around me. Either they disapproved or when they found out it was fake they applauded the idea of carrying around a baby. Some kids on the train even asked if they could hold my baby (of course I said no). I also got a lot of questions on how the baby acts and what I had to do if it started crying.
I’ve gotten use the routine of taking care of him but the sound of the crying doesn’t feel any better. At this point things have become easier, it only gets hard to cope when he is crying and nothing works, but besides that he is not that hard to take care of, I’m not sure if I enjoy it, but it’s defiantly not that hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment